Why Purpose Brings Joy
The women in the red hat in this photo was 99-years-old at the time of this picture was taken. I met her in the park while I was waiting for my husband. It was so cold outside that day. I thought if I sat close enough to her that it might help keep her warm.
As I gently as I could, I asked if I might sit next to her. She quickly replied, "Absolutely!"
She told me she was waiting for her son to pick her up, but that she had waited on him (on a cold hard rock) for nearly an hour. Feeling badly for her, I told her that if we sat together long enough that we could keep each other company, and plenty warm.
I began asking her questions about her day and eventually it worked into stories of her life. She shared how she had seen the town, the one we were in at the time, grow into this remarkable city. She told me snippets about her life and how she did everything she could to live with intention.
By the time her son came to meet her, I knew quite a bit about her history. When I asked her what advice she could give me to live a long fulfilled life, I'll never forget her reply. She said, "Just live on purpose."
Yes, I took her words to heart.
Living on purpose is awesome, otherwise we go through life like zombies. Getting up, going to work, coming home and doing it all over again. That's how most people live.
But what if you could live differently?
Below I'd like to share a short Q&A with you if you're interested in knowing how to keep yourself feeling fulfilled, valued and living on purpose. We were ALL born with a purpose. God gave each of us skills, gifts and talents to live out and to share with others. This little Q&A will help you hone in where you might be needing to unlock some of yours so you, too, can live on purpose.
Take your time. Get paper and pen and write down your responses to each question. Ready?
3 Traps That Keep Us Feeling Unfulfilled and Undervalued
Trap #1: Limiting Beliefs; “I can’t do it”, “I’ll never get it right”, etc
Trap #2: Closed to the Holy Spirit / Intuition / Gut Feeling
Trap #3: Fears
Its Time To Unlock Your Future!!
1. My dream as a child was...
2. If I had a week to do anything I wanted to do I would...
3. One thing you’d never guess about me is...
4. I’m the one everyone calls for when...
5. If I received the Nobel Prize it would be for...
6. My fantasy career would be...
7. Time freedom for me means...
8. If I entered a talent show, I would perform...
9. What gets me passionately out of bed in the morning is...
10. The things people always compliment me on are...
11. I feel something akin to a ‘runners high’ when I’m...
12. If I starred in a TV show in which I taught a skill, it would be...
13. Name 3 people who you know but who may not know you.
14. List out the qualities you most admire about them.
15. Name 3 people you know who also know you.
16. List out the qualities you most admire about them.
17. List all the qualities you wrote down from #14 & #16 here.
As you look over these qualities above, do you see yourself in any of them? God’s purpose for your life brings out these qualities in you. The reason you admire them is because you also have them inside you to fulfill your destiny. You may be surprised to note that its what you wanted to do as a child most that is still calling you today. What can you do to engage these skills, gifts or talents? How can doing them help you feel more fulfilled than what you do right now?
Our coaches are trained to help you know your purpose.